Don’t reach for the chemical cure for a problem on your allotment until you have considered whether you actually need to use it.
- Check the product will control your problem before purchase – read the label to double check that the advice you have been given is appropriate
- Avoid buying more than you will use in a year
- Always keep chemicals in their original containers so that you always have the instructions and know what the item really is; you don’t want to be guessing what you have midway through the gardening season
- Store chemicals in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight
- Keep chemicals out of reach of children and pets